Making sense

After re-reading my first post I realized blogging isn't as easy as it seems. I promise to try to make some sense in my raves going forward. I truly believe there are enough blogs out here that mimic each other and I do not want to become another in that crowd. I like European interiors, but I also admire beautiful things created from other counties. I wish I could afford to go antiquing and shopping around the world to gather unusual (but exquisite) furnishings and items that would find its way into peoples homes (for a reasonable price of course) to uplift their interior environment. This world becomes larger when I think of each country having something remarkable for furnishing a home.

My mother bought this heavy 36 inch brass tray in Turkey while we lived there during the late 1960s. She used it for her living room coffee table for many years, then decided to have a hook welded on the back of it so that it could be hung on a wall. She also had it polished and sealed with a coating that permanently ended my weekly brass cleaning duties. Thank goodness! When she died in 1997, I inherited it and to this day I still admire it and appreciate the memories. 

Decorating with attractive objects from a country other than ones own 
is a fabulous way to broaden the horizon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment