Petites choses français!

little french things!

I have been planning in my mind to take a trip to France for a very long time, but the plans have not come to fruition yet. At the moment life happens to be steering me away from walking beside the Seine and through brocante spots.
So I began the habit of french flea market shopping through the Internet.

Can I get an Amen for advanced technology? AMEN!

Here are a few of my recent finds sent from France ~ I love international shipping services!


25l Demijohn 

It is seen sitting here without its original wicker covering as found and I have been adding in the corks
as I open bottles of wine… not on a daily basis, lol.

The next one that I purchase will be slightly larger and with its wicker cover intact.
I do realize that it may be a bit pricey, but there is a perfect spot
waiting for its arrival to our home. 



an old french headboard wood fragment hanging over the patio french-door in the kitchen



a vintage Ricard bistro pitcher made for the popular french anise flavored liqueur 



a small french market basket waiting to be filled with fresh lavender



a vintage french confit pot for the kitchen utensils


another larger one for display on the etagere ~ I truly love this style and want a few more



Eiffel Tower 

Who would be a true francophile without ever owning a miniature metal
replica of the most recognizable landmark in France?

My family visited Paris on our way to Turkey when I was 7 years old, but only for an 8 hour layover.
During that time we went to eat at a very nice french restaurant and I sat across my mother next to
the huge window that gave me a fantastic full visual of the Eiffel Tower. 

Later as we returned to the airport, my mother purchased for me a mini tower replica along with a small
porcelain Marie Antoinette doll from the gift shop and both were cherished dearly

until...

Several years later after returning to the United States, my two youngest brothers (there are 4 total) were
running and playing, aka "rough housing" in the house. I got very upset about it and yelled at them to stop.
They then ran into my bedroom and snatched both the tower and doll off my dresser.
I chased after them screaming, but one of them decided to throw Marie
onto the marble floor and she chattered!

Next the knuckleheads were outside destroying the mini Eiffel Tower by banging it on the pavement.
Of course my parents were not home at the time and I was supposedly babysitting.

 Hmm, what is a girls life like without brothers?

 I forgive them now because of recently finding this great authentic, tall and heavy,
made in France vintage replacement, lol. 
It only took me over 38 years to find it, but it is an estate find
from an eBay seller here in the USA.
 


 lavender sachet from Les Baux-de-Provence

This cute and heavenly scented item was a gift from my good friend Kim J.
She bought the sachet during her last trip to the South of France.
It is made with authentic Provencal fabric. I keep it on display in the kitchen
to remind me of how she and I share a love for things that are french.
The metal Cicada attached represents the local folklore about them singing in the summer.



This past weekend I potted some lavender and though it is not "from" France it does add a little Provencal feeling to the patio.




So, if you cannot get to France to enjoy authentic brocante shopping, you can check out the following 
Internet vendors who will be delighted to sell and ship some of their lovely french finds to you…


and check out the following link to a fabulous South African blog all about french brocante…



au revoir!






0 comments:

Post a Comment