Ordering A Little Marble Top Table Please!


with some fresh paint on the side

Like the convenience of ordering fast food, finding interior treasures on eBay can trigger a shopping addiction. One day you're not seeing anything that suits your taste, but on the next day...you practically need to seek counseling for being on the verge of becoming a save to your watch list addict. 

eBay offers convenience!

Whenever I come up with an idea for something to put in my home, searching on eBay is my first move. Recently I decided to seek out a little marble top table to replace the large Mexican pottery piece that sat between the two slipcovered wing chairs in the living room. I have used that pottery piece as an end table (with a 24 inch round glass top) for over 16 years. I now wanted it to just be a large piece of pottery in the area that provides shape and texture.


Its new place is the spot that was dedicated for a French biot, which I had been searching for and have found (more than once) but suffered from sticker shock and couldn't buy. Dag-gum-it! I should have bought one back in the 1990s when they were REASONABLY priced and not as idolized as they are now.


French biot's on 1stdibs

This beautiful French biot below keeps calling my name. Hmm...I wonder if M Naeve in Houston has a layaway plan?




My old Mexican pottery looks good there, but that beautiful French biot pictured above would be fabulous and a dream come true.



Looking around the room I felt marble was needed for the area and between the two wing chairs was ideal. I wanted to stick with a round shape because the other pieces for each side of our future sofa are; an oval import cabinet and a set of 1980s Ethan Allen French Country nesting tables. I painted both last year for a new look.





Can you see that a natural (white) Belgian linen slipcovered sofa is needed in the plan? Yes, even though I put those colorful slipcovers on the two wing chairs and talked bad about using white in the living room. After deep consideration I realize it was the shades of white which my fabric samples were that was guiding me against having white slipcovers in the living room. Vision 25 oz Belgian linen in a NATURAL shade of white. 

Perfect!


 back to the subject matter of this post

Sometimes searching for a specific item can take a few hours on eBay, especially if your results list is 11 pages long and having 200 antiques and used items on each page. When it comes to furniture on eBay, I only search for items that are either vintage, antique, or USED. Experience has taught me to be patient and ONLY buy what feels right for the space. But of course I threw that wisdom out during my nightstand nightmare horror escapade that you might have read about here. For this new adventure I didn't care what color the table-base would be because I planned to order it and paint it to please my grey-beige taste. My main concern was the size and the marble being able to work with what is going on in the room, especially for the future plan. 

And...TA DAH! 

This darling table was listed by one of my favorite eBay stores Hollywood Antiques Center in Florida. They have many wonderful vintage and used furniture pieces available and they pack items to ship extremely well. If anyone is looking for something special for their home or office and desire to buy GREEN giving older furniture a new purpose, be sure to check them out.

Patience won this time, but looking at the photo my thoughts were what in the world was whomever thinking with that blue trim? After it arrived the blue really wasn't disastrous, it just wasn't going to work in our living room. 

So...

After a quick table-base paint makeover using Amy Howard at Home One Step Paint in Luxe Grey and some aging with my own concoction and a dark wax, its just like new!


By now most of you know to ignore the temporary cement floor showing in my photos, lol. I'll enjoy this little marble top table over and over again. It now looks scrumptious! 

 Be sure to check out Hollywood Antiques Center on eBay for used furniture that has great potential.


Till next time

~

I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
~ Emma Goldman




Linking to:


0 comments:

Post a Comment