Dear... Demijohn



a letter to express my admiration


My dearest Demijohn,

How do I admire thee? Let me count the ways...
  1. your wicker is in excellent condition and strong for its age
  2. the color of your wicker is rich and vibrant
  3. you still have your original wicker top
  4. inside your fabulous wicker casing is a French glass wine bottle
  5. that glass bottle still has its original stopper
  6. you are the envy of all the antique French Demijohns I've ever met
  7. after admiring you for many months...you are now MINE!
For years I searched high and low to find a handsome French demijohn like you. I must admit there is a beautiful large demijohn bottle that resides in my home, but secretly I desired one wearing its wicker cover. The first time I laid my eyes upon you was while visiting Négrel Antiques website. I knew that your previous owner Cathy Négrel specializes in selling French antiques and travels frequently "...to France in search of exceptional antique furniture and decorative accessories..."(from Négrel Antiques website) and have always admired her great taste and selection. Looking at your photo I was in awe of your good looks and could not believe you may want to pair up with me so I continued searching, but in my search NONE ever compared to you. You are magnificent and after meeting a dozen or more toad "demijacks" I realized the two of us really belong together. Going to meet you in person at Négrel's in Austin confirmed it. At one glance you took my breath away. Cheers to our new future together and may you enjoy your new home for many years. By the way, I do plan to keep in touch with Cathy to let her know how you are doing and perhaps pair up with a couple of your old friends at Négrel Antiques. I believe they will enjoy living with us too.

Yours truly,
Elena




Linking to:




0 comments:

Post a Comment